Register Your Awarness Game & Fundraiser Today!
Kick-A-Thon Epilepsy Awareness Game
We are asking youth, adult and recreational sport teams around the country to host Epilepsy Awareness games in the sport of your choice! Your efforts will help raise much need funds and awareness for the 3.4 million people in the United States who live with epilepsy and the 325,000 children who experience seizures on a daily basis.
Register today to host a Kick-A-Thon Awareness Game & Fundraiser in your area.
It’s so easy and so much fun!
Register your Event! You will receive a free Fundraising Page to showcase the details of your events and share the reason why you are supporting the Epilepsy Foundation!
Donate to the Cause! Ask your friends, family and your community to make a donation to your Epilepsy Foundation's Athletes vs Epilepsy initiative!
Show Your Purple Pride! Ask your team, cheerleaders, student body and fans to wear purple to the game.
Kick! Plan a halftime skills competition for donors to participate in; an acknowledgement appreciation ceremony; or even something fun like a Kick-Line down centerfield! It's your choice!
3 Steps to get your Kick-A-Thon Awareness Game & Fundraiser Started!
1st! Get approval from your Athletic Department and team’s head coach.
- Confirm the event date, time and location.
- Establish if you are going to do something special during the halftime of your event.
- Ask the opposing team to participate.
2nd! Register your event here by clicking the purple button above!
- Click the Signature Event – Kick-A-Thon page to register and start developing your fundraising page.
- Tell us a brief story about why you are hosting a Kick-A -Thon Epilepsy Awareness game. Remember to add photos of your team, organizing group, and school!
- Most important! Tell people how they can participate and donate! Once you have registered your event, you will be well on your way to building a fundraising page to promote your event and receiving donations. You will also have access to a Kick-A-Thon toolkit that provides helpful tips and tools to develop and manage your event: flyers, event enhancement ideas, press releases, and communication plans for you to use for social media.
3rd! Spread the Word!
- Email the link to your event fundraising page to everyone you know.
- Post flyers to promote your Kick-A-Thon around your school, neighborhood and community.
We are so excited that you want to make a difference in the lives of so many. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Nichole Manning-Ashe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you again for your support of the Epilepsy Foundation and Athletes vs Epilepsy!
About Athletes vs Epilepsy
Athletes vs. Epilepsy is a nationwide program for athletes of all ages and levels, coaches, volunteers and fans. The goal is to raise awareness, build participation, and help fund the Epilepsy Foundation’s mission to stop seizures and SUDEP, find a cure, and overcome the challenges created by epilepsy through efforts including education, advocacy, and research to accelerate ideas into therapies. The initiative helps to bring epilepsy awareness to all sports through participation by athletes of all ages and skill levels as well as their supportive friends, family, and fans.
The Epilepsy Foundation is dedicated to ensuring that people with epilepsy can experience all that life has to offer. Athletes vs. Epilepsy affirms this positive message and embodies it through action and the belief that anyone, regardless of athletic talent, can help to fundraise and raise awareness.
YOU can make a difference in your life and in the lives of others. Donate to the cause through our team fundraising page or join the Athletes vs. Epilepsy initiative. Visit AthletesVsEpilepsy.com for more information and opportunities to get involved.