Epilepsy Awareness Game
Register Your Game Now!
November, 2018-April, 2019
GET YOUR WINTER SWAG BOX
We are asking basketball teams across the country to host an Epilepsy Awareness game as a part of the Athletes vs Epilepsy Nothin’-But-Net campaign. Your efforts will help raise much need funds and awareness for the 3.4 million people, and 460,000 children, in the U.S. who live with epilepsy. Get your SWAG BOX once your register to make a Nothin’ But Net game happen in your community.
Here’s how it works:
It’s so easy and so much fun!
- Donate to the Cause! Ask friends, family, and your community to make a donation to the Epilepsy Foundation’s Athletes vs Epilepsy initiative. Either by check or make a donation to your school’s fundraising page that you will create through Athletes vs Epilepsy.
- Show Your Purple Pride! Ask your team, cheerleaders, student body and fans to wear purple to the game.
Enhance your event with a skills competition, Half-time performance or skills competition. Announce information and statistics about epilepsy as a part of your PA Announcements.
Here’s what you need to do:
3 Steps to get your Nothin’-But-Net Fundraiser on the board!
1st! Get approval from your Athletic Department and or head coach.
- Confirm the event date, time and location.
- Ask the opposing team to participate.
2nd! Register your event on www.AthletesVsEpilepsy.com
- Tell us a brief story about your school or yourself and why you are hosting the event. Additional information can be found on www.athletesvsepilepsy.com
- Add photos of your team, school and of course, yourself!
- Tell people how they can participate and donate! Once, you have registered your event, you will have access to the Nothin’-But-Net toolkit located in the resource section of your fundraising page. The toolkit provides helpful information to help you plan and manage your event.
3rd! Spread the Word!
- Email the link to your event fundraising page to everyone you know.
- Post flyers to promote your Nothin’-But-Net Epilepsy Awareness game around your school, neighborhood, and community. Create your own flyer or use the flyer template provided in your toolkit.
- Boost this idea into your Social Media network! Asking friends and family to re-post/share/like on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Hashtag #AthletesvsEpilepsy and tag @epilepsyfdn
Show this informational page to your school administrators or team coaches to help start the process! Or click here to download the Nothin'-But-Net Event Summary to share.
We are so excited that you want to make a difference in the lives of so many. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Nichole Manning-Ashe at email@example.com or Meredith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you again for your support of the Epilepsy Foundation and Athletes vs Epilepsy.
We care about your commitment to helping people with epilepsy. Within two weeks of sending in all of the required materials, we will be sending you a SWAG BOX!
(This will be filled with goodies for one individual)