Take Steps to Improve Your Health!
2020 Step Challenge
What Moves You?
Take Steps to Improve your Health with
Athletes vs Epilepsy!
**The Epilepsy Foundation is closely monitoring the evolving situation surrounding COVID-19 (coronavirus). In light of the updated CDC and World Health Organization guidelines, we have modified the Step Challenge campaign to fit the new social distancing standards. We encourage you to continue to practice these social distancing and hand washing guidelines. We appreciate your continued support during this challenging time. **
Registering for the Athletes vs Epilepsy Step Challenge is social distancing friendly and encouraged!
OPTION WALK IN THE YWR TRIATHLON SERIES
Did you know that you do not need to run marathons or triathlons to see improvements in your health? With social distancing at the forefront of our world, walking is one of the few things that we can do. It’s a great way to get out of the house, and you may get a lot of fitness and emotional gains from a small amount of low impact, daily walking!
Plus, you could be the lucky winner of a Fitbit!
Walking can help you:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Prevent or manage various conditions, including heart disease, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes
- Strengthen your bones and muscles
- Improve your mood
- Improve your balance and coordination
HOW YOU SUPPORT THE EPILEPSY FOUNDATION:
- Set your fundraising goal The sky is the limit, give it some thought and add a number that you think you will be able to accomplish.
- Set your step goal Set a goal for yourself, it can be whatever you would feel proud of, there is no limit to your step goal and no accomplishment is too small!
- Make the Ask! Send the link to your fundraising page to friends and family and ask them to support you with a donation and to support the cause by registering to participate!
HOW WE SUPPORT YOU:
- Access to a customizable fundraising page to share with others that describes why you are participating. Send the link to your fundraising page out to friends and family and ask for their support with a donation
- Fundraising tips and tools that will help you with your efforts. This can be found in the resource section of your fundraising page.
HOW DO I TRACK MY SUCCESS?
- Use what you have! Whether it be your phone, your smart watch, your Fitbit, or even mapping out your walk on an internet map. There are so many ways to track your steps and hold yourself accountable!
This is your chance to win a Fitbit! Raise $100 on your fundraising page and you will be automatically entered into a drawing to WIN A BRAND-NEW FITBIT!
** You must register as a 2020 Step Challenge participant and raise at least $100 by or before June 30, 2020. The winner will be drawn on July 1, 2020 and notified within one week. **
We wish you much success on your fitness journey!
*While the Athletes vs Epilepsy Step Challenge is a unique opportunity for you to improve your wellbeing, it is important that you do so under the guidance of your medical team. If you are unable to participate in the step challenge, we hope that you can support someone who can, do an alternate exercise to walking, or register for another Athletes vs Epilepsy campaign.
The Step Challenge is solely owned by Epilepsy Foundation's Athletes vs. Epilepsy. The Epilepsy Foundation does not endorse specific products or services and encourages people living with epilepsy to work with their healthcare team in exploring treatment options.